Albie Barden will be speaking about heritage corn and the efforts of area seed savers.
The Norridgewock Historical Society holds open meetings at 7:00 pm on the 4th Wednesday
of the month, April to October.
The Museum is located at 11 Mercer Rd, Norridgewock, Maine
The Museum is open by appointment: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address: PO Box 903, Norridgewock, Maine 04957.
July 26 7:00PM
Nathan Richards speaking about the Norridgewock Historical Society's Historic Homes Project
August 23 7:00 PM
Eastman Wilder showing slides from the Norridgewock Historical postcard collection
September 27 7:00PM
Representatives of the Taconnet Genealogical Library in Winslow talking about their collection
and the services they provide
October 25 7:00PM
Albie Barden speaking about heritage corn and the efforts of area seed savers
Select File to Download
In 1995, work on the Museum started in earnest, with our Clean Up Days on May 24th, 31st, and June 7th. On May 29th, we erected our flag and flagpole. We opened our doors to the public on June 10th, 1995, with one of our first attractions – the display of the Charles H. Sawyer prints.
In 1994, the building was devised to Harold Obert. It was then sold, at less than its value, to the Norridgewock Historical Society on November 28, 1994.
Doctor Brown’s daughter, Linnion Brown Rogerson, passed away at age 101.
Doctor Walter Brown and his family lived in the building, using it as a private residence. In 1883, the building was home to two doctors, Doctor Philip Lindsay and Doctor Justin Ames.
In 1864, the building was taken over by Hamlin F. Eaton and used as the Eaton School for a year. Once the Eaton School was moved, the building was still used for some classes, as well as a faculty home.
Our building was built, and intended to be a Female Academy. Doctor Amos Townsend donated the land and $100 towards its erection, though once construction was done the final cost was nearer to $1,000. After its use as a Female Academy, the building sat vacant for about four years.
Nathan and Kim Richards